Given the recent leaks about NSA and IRS dossiers on American citizens, it makes sense that some people are choosing to opt out of the social media ego stroke-athon for privacy reasons. But how does the womanizing sophisticate who has waved sayonara to Facebook and the rest handle the inevitable questions and objections when girls ask him about his odd lack of online presence?
Women, lovely lemmings they are, don’t like weirdness. Non-conformists give them the heebie-vajjies, until such time that the non-conformist is validated by the wider social group. So the Man Without a Facebook is likely to elicit suspicion, and maybe even irrational annoyance, from women. This problem will be worse for the off-the-grid man who prefers the company of younger women (the kind of woman least likely to care that Big Daddy State is safely in charge of her personal liberties).
Generally, a man should handle the…
View original post 244 more words
Conker’s Bad Fur Day director, Chris Seavor, has revealed that Microsoft mistakenly thought they owned the Donkey Kong franchise when they purchased Rare back in 2002. The information came about when Seavor was asked where the Xbox One’s equivalent of PlayStation 4 exclusive Knack was. Seavor then told the tale about Microsoft and Donkey Kong. Here’s what he had to say.
The current generation of ‘enablers’ won’t even know they own the IP… Here’s a true story.. When Rare was first bought by MS a group of execs came on a tour.. One of them noticed the Donkey Kong. ..Posters everywhere and said.. ‘Hey that’s great.. We own Donkey Kong right??’ ………/massivesigh
- Preview: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is more of the same but this time in HD (o.canada.com)
- David Wise Developing Soundtrack To Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii U (mynintendonews.com)
- Review: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (destructoid.com)
- It’s Time to Play DOCTOR KONG (Doctor Who + Donkey Kong) (haveageekasm.com)
- Custom Sit-Down Donkey Kong Game Built Into A Barrel (geekologie.com)
- Donkey Kong 64 Required Expansion Pack Due To Game-Breaking Bug (mynintendonews.com)
- Wine Barrel Tabletop of Kong, Donkey Kong (rivalanimus.com)
- David Wise composing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (destructoid.com)
- Donkey Kong 64 Was Almost Derailed by Game Crashing Bug (escapistmagazine.com)
- REVIEW:Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (systemwarsmagazine.com)